Divorce interprets the legal dissolution of a marriage by court. In India, all marriages and divorce procedures are governed by HINDU MARRIAGE ACT 1955. The act is applicable to every marriage solemnized between Hindus, Sikhs, Jains and Buddhists. However, marriages between Muslims, Christians, Parsis and Jews are exempt from the provisions of this act.
At Raj & Kanwar Legal Advisors, we have a team of proficient divorce lawyers for NRI. Operating from Chandigarh, Punjab; we offer services to handle matrimonial disputes for NRI clients all across India.
Our team of divorce lawyers in Chandigarh explain the grounds for divorce to the NRI clients. Some common grounds that can be considered to file a divorce petition are:
- Infidelity by the partner
- Cruelty by the partner
- If the petitioner has been disserted by the partner for not less than two years (continuous period)
- Partner is suffering from incurable mental disorder
Being experienced divorce lawyers in Chandigarh, we understand the complications that may be faced by our NRI clients in the process of filing a divorce. We assist our NRI clients in handling various aspects of a divorce such as:
- Legal separation from the spouse
- Alimony to spouse including monthly maintenance
- Division and transfer of property & assets between partners
- Custody of Children
- Cost effective negotiations and settlements through mediation
The matrimonial disputes are handled by a team of professional and experienced divorce lawyers who provide further assistance to NRI couples in dealing with other prospects of a divorce including reconciliation, guidance and out of court settlement.
Some services offered by our team of divorce lawyers in Chandigarh, Punjab are:
- Drafting and filing of divorce petitions
- Mutual divorce petitions
- Maintenance cases
- Permanent alimony cases
- Domestic Violence cases
- All other related matrimonial law proceedings
We at Raj & Kanwar Legal Advisors, understand the concepts of divorce cases. We help our clients have smooth proceedings. Our divorce lawyers have thorough and in-depth knowledge about the provisions of HINDU MARRIAGE ACT 1955 and are ready to use our expertise to assist you. For more information about divorce lawyers for NRI, visit SCO 286, 2nd Floor, Sector 35 – D, Chandigarh. You can also call at +919872724414.