Divorce Lawyers For NRIs
Divorce interprets the legal dissolution of a marriage by a court. In India, all marriages and divorce procedures are governed by HINDU MARRIAGE ACT 1955. The act is applicable to every marriage solemnized between Hindus, Sikhs, Jains and Buddhists. However, marriages between Muslims, Christians, Parsis, and Jews are exempt from the provisions of this act.
Divorce lawyers are efficient in offering services to handle matrimonial disputes for NRI clients all across India.
Divorce lawyers explain the grounds for divorce to the NRI clients. Some common grounds that can be considered to file a divorce petition are:
- Infidelity by the partner
- Cruelty by the partner
- If the petitioner has been disserted by the partner for not less than two years (continuous period)
- Partner is suffering from an incurable mental disorder
Being experienced in matrimonial cases, divorce lawyers understand the complications that may be faced by their NRI clients in the process of filing a divorce. They assist NRI clients in handling various aspects of a divorce such as:
- Legal separation from the spouse
- Alimony to spouse including the monthly maintenance
- Division and transfer of property & assets between partners
- Custody of Children
- Cost-effective negotiations and settlements through mediation
The matrimonial disputes are handled by a team of professional and experienced divorce lawyers who provide further assistance to NRI couples in dealing with other prospects of a divorce including reconciliation, guidance and out of court settlement.
Some services offered by divorce lawyers in Chandigarh, Punjab are:
- Drafting and filing of divorce petitions
- Mutual divorce petitions
- Maintenance cases
- Permanent alimony cases
- Domestic Violence cases
- All other related matrimonial law proceedings
Divorce lawyers help clients to have smooth proceedings. They have thorough and in-depth knowledge about the provisions of HINDU MARRIAGE ACT 1955 and are ready to use the expertise to assist NRIs.